Elect to keep moving Canton Forward with thoughtful, experienced and responsible leadership. Canton citizens trust Bill Grant’s vision and accomplishments for the city he has served successfully and proudly for many years.
Bill Grant is the only candidate with the experience and executive leadership skills to continue the positive momentum he has helped to create for Canton.
- Elected to two terms as Councilman and served as Mayor Pro Tem his entire tenure from 2014-2019.
- Certificate of Recognition, Professional Training, Georgia Municipal Association.
- CEO and Owner of Grant Design Collaborative in downtown Canton, a successful internationally recognized brand design and marketing firm for over 23 years.
- Former National President of AIGA, the largest professional association of design professionals with over 20,000 members and 75 chapters nationwide.
Bill Grant is the proven fiscal conservative in this race. He is respected by fellow elected officials for his acute assessment of city finances, budgets, contracts and accountability to taxpayers.
- Worked and voted to lower, roll back or hold steady the city millage rate every year he served, 2014-2019.
- Maintained the lowest taxes of any city in Cherokee County, 2014-2019.
- Consistently demonstrated the most fiscally responsible voting record on Council, 2014-2019
- Worked with Economic Development Director to streamline the process for starting a new business.
- Worked to generate new economic growth opportunities throughout the City.
Quality of Life
Bill Grant is the only candidate for Mayor who has actively worked to preserve Canton’s character and historic assets while promoting adaptive reuse projects to revitalize our local economy and shared sense of place.
- Co-Chaired the Canton Forward Downtown and River Mill Master Plan to create a strategic direction for adaptive reuse projects, such as The Mill on Etowah and Academy & Main. Helped secure grant funding from the Atlanta Regional Commission.
- Helped plan and launch our trail system and expansion of the Etowah River Walk Trail Plan.
- Key negotiator for land swap to preserve Mill Office and Grammar School for Academy & Main Project
- Helped found the Canton Main Street program and served as its first President.
- Active member and contributor, Cherokee County Historical Society.
- Strong advocate of sustainable growth and “Quality over Quantity” development strategy.
- Served as engaged member on the Variance Board of Appeals prior to Council.
Infrastructure and Public Safety
Bill Grant has a thorough understanding of our City’s infrastructure systems and future needs, and our Canton Police Department recognizes him as a strong supporter of their efforts to keep Canton safe.
- Served on the Water and Sewer Master Plan Committee.
- Advocated for a third party rating assessment to ensure a strategic 10-year paving plan for streets and roads.
- Strong supporter of our Canton Police Department and Community Policing program.